Welcome! This is a way for me to share about my experiences as they relate to myself, family, health, compassionate cooking, baking and yoga. Enjoy!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Press Pause

Our lives are so busy and overflowing.  There are times when we are so consumed by what we are doing or need to do, that we could be looking right at someone but don't actually see them.  I have done this myself, then something clicks and I realize they are waving at me and looking as if to say, "what is your problem, why won't you acknowledge me."  Understandably, life seems to be on fast forward, wouldn't it be nice if we could just press the pause button?  The next time you catch yourself moving on auto-pilot, consciously bring yourself back to the present. Take a few minutes to do some full inhales and exhales.  Then prioritize what needs done and try to accomplish those tasks in the most efficient manner without stressing over every detail.  Little things like, the kids left some toys out or feeling you don't have time to read a book with your child because the dishwasher needs emptied, probably don't really have to be done right then.  If all those tasks don't get done that day, pause to ask yourself, "will I be okay if it doesn't all get done right now?"  I guarantee that most of the time, the answer will be "yes, I will be okay, life will go on."   

No comments:

Post a Comment