Welcome! This is a way for me to share about my experiences as they relate to myself, family, health, compassionate cooking, baking and yoga. Enjoy!

Friday, September 23, 2011

Panda Cupcakes

It was my oldest child's birthday the other day and this year she wanted panda cupcakes (last year was polar bear).  The panda cupcakes were much easier than the polar bear ones.  For the cupcake, I modified the Golden Vanilla Cupcake recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World.  I made one batch of regular size cupcakes for the body and one batch of mini cupcakes for the head.  I used coconut milk instead of soy and added 1 cup of broken up Golden Oreos.  For the icing, I used the Vegan Fluffy Buttermilk Frosting from the same cookbook.  For the ears, I used chocolate o's cereral from Cascadian Farms and dipped them in melted vegan chocolate.  I also used the melted chocolate for the background of the eyes and mouth.  Mini chocolate chips were used for the eyes and nose.  It was fun and she (and her sisters) enjoyed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment