Welcome! This is a way for me to share about my experiences as they relate to myself, family, health, compassionate cooking, baking and yoga. Enjoy!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Meditating

While visiting my sister and dad we all meditated as a large group.  All three of my girls, my sister, her two boys and my dad.  We didn't have the gong or candle that my children are used to so we made due with what we had.  My youngest, who is still getting used to seeing her immediate family meditate, was a little thrown off with the changes.  She missed the gong and candle, so while we all started meditating she went over to my sister and tapped her and whispered "I dreamt you had a candle and gong".  Of course that made all the other children giggle, but she came back to my lap and the others quieted down.  After a few more minutes, she was still looking at each of us and did her usual kisses for everyone routine.  She went to every single person and kissed their cheeks.  Again, this was amusing to the others, but they all composed themselves and we finished the meditation in silence.  I am so proud of all of the children for staying and controlling themselves and the best part was they all seemed to go to bed very easily that night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment