Welcome! This is a way for me to share about my experiences as they relate to myself, family, health, compassionate cooking, baking and yoga. Enjoy!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Back from vacation

We had a great time on vacation.  How amazing it was to do yoga looking out at the ocean, it was very peaceful.

The ride home seemed to take forever, as it always does.  I think I frightened my oldest's friend that came with us because I was meditating during the ride home and my daughter said her friend was looking at me strangely.

Vacation is always fun, but it is so nice to come home and sleep in your own bed (and of course I missed our dog like crazy).

Celebrating being home, we had Black Bean-Quinoa burgers from the July/August Vegetarian Times, vegan baked beans, vegan coleslaw and for dessert... "Veganized" Very Berry Shortcakes from the July/August Vegetarian Times (see picture to the left).  Yummy

Meditated tonight with all the kids, my mom and the dog.  My youngest was full of talking and finally said she was going away and left the room.  That lasted all of 30 seconds and she was back again, much quieter, and sat on my lap for the remainder of the meditation.  The girls love the sound of the gong, there is just something so soothing about the sound it makes.  Maybe tomorrow we will be able to get my husband to join :)

No comments:

Post a Comment