Welcome! This is a way for me to share about my experiences as they relate to myself, family, health, compassionate cooking, baking and yoga. Enjoy!

Friday, March 2, 2012

Finding Balance

Hectic, frantic, crazy, scattered, running, exhausted!!  How do we manage to get so much done in a day, but then never seem to find time for meditation?  If we think about all that we did in 24 hours, I believe there were 5 minutes somewhere that we could have just stopped everything and found a quiet place to just be.  Meditation is good on so many levels.  Especially in this fast paced world, finding a few minutes to center, calm, quiet and reconnect helps to balance you, which then helps to balance those around you.  Allowing yourself those few precious moments to find balance is healing to your body, your mind and your spirit.  Taking this time everyday can help to keep you healthy instead of succumbing to stress, pressures, illness, disease or depression.  I know I feel an enormous difference in how I feel and how I interact with others if I miss a day of meditation.  Making sure to find those few moments each day is a practice, but it is one that offers so many rewards.

No comments:

Post a Comment