Welcome! This is a way for me to share about my experiences as they relate to myself, family, health, compassionate cooking, baking and yoga. Enjoy!

Friday, December 23, 2011

Staying Conscious

With so much activity this time of year it is easy to get caught up in all the hustle and bustle.  I agree that the holiday's are fun, but I also do my best to make sure I stay conscious of what the holiday's really mean. So often, we get overwhelmed with buying things and figuring out menu plans for all the family, that we lose sight of the simple message associated with this time.  Whatever belief system you follow, the basic message is the same throughout.  Treat everyone with love, kindness and compassion.  We also should make an effort to give of ourselves, not just monetarily or by buying gifts.  Give your time to others who could really use the comfort in knowing that you will listen to them and take the time to be with them.  This is an incredible gift in and of itself and you will feel the positive affect it has on you as well.

Don't get me wrong, everyone should absolutely enjoy all the fun and festivities of the holidays, but just stay conscious of why they even exist :)

Wishing everyone happy and safe holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment